We are all about diversity, but we don't want to typecast, ever. We do not want to fall into tokenism marketing and pat ourselves on the back for ticking boxes. We feel that succeeding to showcase different types of women through the underargument is nothing to be proud of; it is not different or “great”. It is simply what it should be.
What we do want is authentic, original stories that will empower you when you share them and others when they read them. So we run what we call an "anti-casting".
How to enter
To enter, the only thing you have to do is submit a story related to one of our existing or upcoming underargument (follow us on Insta to keep up to date with upcoming themes or see the list below). That's all. You do not need any modelling experience, we don't need to see your photos, nor do we need your measurements to select you, just your beautiful words (we recommend sending a minimum of 500 words but we prefer quality over quantity). Women of colour and women with visible body differences especially welcome.
DM your story on instagram or send it to email@example.com
We are looking for stories for the themes below:
- You have something to say about experiencing the downsides of perfectionism and/or not being driven by perfectionism in any aspect of your life
- You are the complete opposite of what people expect from you due to stereotypes often attached to you or you have suffered from the stereotypes attached to you (race, religion, occupation, abilities etc.)
- You believe that, as a woman, you also have a role in teaching men to become feminists by standing up to them or otherwise
- You have a story to share about sexism and how it has impacted aspect of your life and/or how you do not let it affect you as a woman and in your femininity in any aspect of your life
- You are or have been in a relationship that was deemed unusual or non-conform by others (this could be that you are in a same-sex, a long-distance, transexual, an asexual or polyamourous relationship or that your partner is from a different class, culture, has a disability...) and you would like to share your story about doing love your own way
The anti-casting shoot
If you are selected, you will spend half a day with us in a photographic studio (usually in London) where our professional photographer will guide you and make you feel super comfortable! There are usually a couple more women being shot with you on the day.
Everybody who shoots with us gets a free underargument set. Plus, you'll get access to all your gorgeous photos.
Here are what some of our past participants have said from the experience...